If you’ve recently decided to marry a Canadian then that’s great news. However, there’s just one catch – the task of moving to the maple leaf country, which means migration.
Now, immigration to the Maple leaf Country is no simple thing; there are a lot of protocols involved which is probably why you need the best immigration lawyer Kitchener. However, as a normal web user, you might not know everything there is to understand about Canadian spousal sponsorship.
Not to worry! This article will walk you through a few FAQ’s that will solve all your queries on Canadian spousal sponsorship.
- What is the Definition of Canadian Spousal Sponsorship?
The Spousal Sponsorship program is created under the Canadian immigration procedure to allow loved ones to reside together. In layman’s terms, if you’re married to either a Canadian permanent resident or Canadian citizen then your spouse can sponsor your form or petition for permanent residence.
All you need in this process is a top-notch immigration lawyer Kitchener who has all the know-how to ensure your application form is spotless.
- What are the Following Criteria’s for Applying for Spousal Sponsorship?
For a spouse to be a sponsor he/she needs to meet the following criteria:
- He/she must be 18 years of age or above along with possessing Canadian citizenship or permanent residence.
- He/she should not be receiving any form of financial assistance from the government.
- The spouse should have the means to support you with economic assistance.
- He/she must not be convicted of any sexual or criminal offense
- He/she should not have any proof of imprisonment.
- Will Marrying a Canadian Help You Shift to Canada?
As per your immigration lawyer Kitchener, you might have heard that marrying a Canadian helps you move overseas. Well, this is true; however, the process is more complex than that.
The biggest issue most international newlywed’s face in Canada is proving their marital relationship. However, immediate marriage won’t assure you of permanent residence; you’ll naturally have to apply for it.
This is why; the best solution is to apply for a temporary visa for you to enter Canada. In this way, you can reside with your spouse until your permanent citizenship is granted.
- What is the Process to Prove a Real Marriage?
Numerous people enter into fake marriage contracts to gain citizenship to Canada. This is why the Canadian government takes strict consideration as to who they allow inside the State. As a result, it is best to consult a immigration lawyer Kitchener for understanding exactly what is required to gain permanent residentship.
All in all, to prove a real marriage several documents are needed. These are,
- Honeymoon, Wedding, and travel pictures were taken together.
- Affidavits proving the relationship.
- Phone records and Email
In case of common law partnership the following documents would suffice:
- Proof of property Co-ownership.
- Joint bank accounts with your partner.
- Telephone calls
- Official documents listing same residential addresses.
- Record of cohabitation, for example, shared rentals and household expenditures.
- How to Properly Apply for Spousal Sponsorship?
This is the tricky part and, hence, you must make sure that you have a good immigration lawyer Kitchener at hand. You’ll need to find out the application procedure and fill in the forms with the correct documentation and sequence to ensure that the form doesn’t get rejected.
For the best Toronto immigration lawyer visit:
Ronen Kurzfeld – Immigration Lawyer Toronto
Address: 170 Sheppard Ave E #101, North York, ON M2N 3A4
Phone: (416) 225-9800